Coronavirus economic vulnerability, economic impact and economic policy response tracker.
We are examining the vulnerability of countries to the coronavirus outbreak, the economic impacts and policy responses.
This page will be updated regularly.
This ODI resource combines some outputs:
Vulnerability assessments and impacts
Economic vulnerabilities to health pandemics: which countries are most vulnerable to impact of coronavirus – Sherillyn Raga and Dirk Willem te Velde, 5 February 2020
Economic impacts of and policy responses to the coronavirus pandemic- early evidence from Africa -Dirk Willem te Velde, 23 March 2020
Trade and the coronavirus: Africa’s commodity exports expected to fall dramatically – Max Mendez-Parra, 26 March 2020
The coronavirus pandemic and small states: a focus on Small and Vulnerable Economies– Jodie Keane, 27 March 2020
Trade in services and the coronavirus: many developing countries are at risk -Max Mendez-Parra, 30 March 2020
Country fiscal and monetary policy responses to coronavirus – ongoing tracker maintained by Sherillyn Raga
Donor responses to the coronavirus outbreak – ongoing tracker maintained by Sherillyn Raga
A $100 billion stimulus to address the fall out from the coronavirus in Africa – Dirk Willem te Velde, 20 March 2020
Three proposals to support African garments workers during the coronavirus crisis – Dominic McVey and Dirk Willem te Velde, 25 March 2020
Development finance institutions and the coronavirus crisis -Stephany Griffith-Jones and Dirk Willem te Velde, 30 March 2020
An ODI blog https://www.odi.org/our-work/coronavirus has various types of contributions, including:
- Economic vulnerabilities to the coronavirus: top countries at risk, Sherillyn Raga, 5 February 2020
- Time to level up: international donor responses to the coronavirus, Sherillyn Raga , 13 March 2020
- The economic impact of coronavirus: five lessons and challenges, Dirk Willem te Velde, 13 March 2020
- The G20’s coronavirus action plan must help the poorest countries, Dirk Willem te Velde, 27 March 2020
- Covid-19: challenges ahead for Least Developed Countries and Small Island Developing States -Jodie Keane, 1 April 2020
Our analysis on the economic impacts of and vulnerabilities to the coronavirus crisis has received widespread media attention including BBC, BBC video, FT, Bloomberg, Bloomberg Quint East African, Kenya, Daily Nation Kenya, the Africa Report (garments), the Africa Report , Rwanda New Times, Pulse Ghana, Philippines Inquirer, FT Sri Lanka, Italy and many others.